The CIPA (International Deep Diving Centre) is the main free diving club in France for the practise of deep diving.
Founded in 1999 by Loic Leferme, the CIPA and its instructors welcome free divers of all ages and of any level year-round for practice at sea, in the Villefranche sur Mer harbour and in the swimming pool.
A beginner will be able to see how a deep-dive practice session is conducted, and then get precious advice from world champions: CIPA's philosophy, drawn from its founder, is based on the idea that collective practice sessions are best, where each person can bring something to the table.
Since its creation, CIPA has widened its scope of action, whilst remaining a club that offers activities fully focused on FREE DIVING.
- Organises international competitions, boasts French and world records.
- Official training centre for the French free diving AIDA team.
- Beginners' workshops for children focused on the underwater world
- Participation in awareness operations for the protection of the environment
- Participation in artistic film projects for movies and advertising
Since 2007 and the accidental death of Loic Leferme, Guillaume is the president of CIPA.
If you wish to dive into their world or would like some extra information, simply click on the CIPA website: http://www.cipapnea.fr